A library's history retention period length controls how long can you access your history data in the following features:
- Restore deleted files: you cannot restore files and folders deleted before the retention period (this means e.g. a file deleted 8 days ago can't be restored if the retention period is 7 days).
- File versions: you cannot access file versions older than the retention period.
- Library history and snapshots: you cannot access library snapshots older than the retention period.
The retention period of old files versions can be configured for each library, separately. You must be the library's owner to set the retention period. To set retention period length:
- In the Keeper Web App, click the "My Libraries" tab in the navigation panel. All libraries owned by you will be listed. You are able to set the retention period for those libraries only. For others, please get in touch with the respective library owner.
- Move the cursor onto the row of the library. An operation menu will appear. Click "History Setting" in the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up dialog, you can set the length of file retention period. You have three options:
- Keep full history
- Don't keep history
- Only keep a period of history: x days
Source: Seafile Help